Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Good Day After All...

Song of the moment: The Call of Ktulu by Metallica. Love that instrumental.

Today has been a long day, full of driving and naps. Let me explain. Last night I actually slept early! I am so proud of myself. This has been something that I've been trying to work on for a while. Unfortunately, I slept about 12 hours. And after my day out, I proceeded to take a nap when I got home! WAT UP WIT DAT!? I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some info on why I'm sleeping so much.

My day out consisted of driving around town looking at apartments. I felt like I was so close to finally signing a lease (I have been searching for a long time), but my mom didn't like the places. Of course, she has the final word. Were back to square one. Again. I will do some more searching after my busy next week. I'm going camping on Saturday night to celebrate my friend Neil's birthday, on Monday I'm going to orientation for UT and I can finally sign up for classes, and on Tuesday I will be driving up to Dallas to hang out with my girls Esther and Sharon! This is probably the most I am doing this summer. I was planning a road trip to California with the Boy but it would end up being too expensive. So this upcoming week is all I got away from home.

New episodes of Futurama came out tonight! The show was canceled some years ago, God knows why, but after tonight I will now be able to enjoy little bits of mana from heaven, spoon fed to me from my TV. I was super excited to watch it, and headed over to my Boy's place to witness this glorious unveiling (I'm still there now, actually). I stopped by the Sonic drive-thru to pick up a Reese's Blast (great diet food, I know!) at around 8:50. You know how long it took to get my order? TEN MINUTES. I didn't end up getting to his place until 9:15, thanks to several red lights along the way. I was super bummed that I missed the beginning of the new Futurama. It seemed like nothing was turning out for me today.

As I sat on the bed, laughing at the show with the company of my Boy and slurping up my blended cold dairy dessert, I realized that it wasn't such a bad day after all. I *did* get the blast for free, thanks to the manager, because it took so long, and my mom didn't approve because she has a higher standard than me. That means I will only be moving into someplace much much nicer :)

I'm off to play Devil May Cry on the PS2 now :) Tata for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful, nice post! I like the pictures. Keep em coming!

-Your "Boy" :)